If you wish to transfer your website to Naijadomains, you will need an active web-hosting plan with us as it will allow you to avoid downtime during the transfer. In order to transfer your WordPress site from another provider to us, you will need to perform two main steps:
Note, that you may change your nameservers before or after transferring content (it’s up to you), but we strongly suggest you changing nameservers after the content transfer and configuration are completed.
In case you do not have cPanel with your current hosting provider, you will need to proceed with the following steps:
1. Sign in to your hosting account with your former provider and navigate to the folder where you have your WordPress installed.
2. Choose all files that stand for WordPress and download them to your PC:
3. Download a MySQL database that is used for your WordPress blog in question. In case if you face any difficulties with getting your database from your former provider, we suggest you to contact their support and ask them to provide a MySQL database to you.
4. Connect to your hosting account with Naijadomains via FTP. Choose the folder for your domain and upload WordPress files from your former hosting provider that were saved on your PC in step 1.
If you transfer WordPress installation for your main domain with us, you need to upload files to /home/cpanelusername/public_html/
If you transfer WordPress installation for the addon domain, you need to transfer your files to the folder which is assigned to your addon domain –/home/cpanelusername/public_html/addondomain/
5. Now the files are uploaded and we’re almost there. Now you need to connect your WordPress installation with the database. To do so, create new database and user in your cPanel account.
6. Once the database is created, you need to import the content from your former host into it.
On the options bar, click Import:
7. After database creation and import are completed, please navigate to the folder where your WordPress installation is stored. You may do it via File Manager in your cPanel account:
Navigate to the folder where your WordPress is stored. Choose wp-config.php file, right-click on it and press Edit:
Make sure that your domain is pointed to Naijadomains hosting DNS system.